Grapefruits… Another really awkward but really really good for you item I need to explore more. So bitter, so messy and so much pulp…
So when I stumbled upon Grilled Grapefruit, I thought I must try it!!
Except I didn’t read it properly and thought it said baked instead of broiled so I did that, but that was an excellent mistake to make! I came in from training, my first proper day of Silks in over a year (I’ve been an aerial hoop girl myself for the past while you see) I didn’t really feel like anything big, had dinner earlier, so thought I’d give this one a bash. Gorgeous! Grapefruit clearly has to be warm! It’s been the secret all along. Myself and himself absolutely devoured it. You could have it for breakfast or a healthy dessert or just a snack when you’re feeling peckish.
- A grapefruit.
- Desiccated Coconut
- Optional Blueberries and Toasted Almonds
- Optional Maple Syrup/Honey
- Cut Grapefruit in half. Then use your knife to slice all around the outside of it separating the skin from the flesh on the inside. Then slice each of the segments so it will be easier to eat after. A lot of juice appears so I just sucked it out. Yum.
- Drizzle a bit of maple syrup or honey over it if you fancy. I used maple syrup but it could have done without it really.
- Pop it onto a baking tray and into the oven. Medium High heat. I don’t think I even left it in for ten mins. You’re just warming it really.
- Take it out, sprinkle coconut on it, pop on the bluebs and toasted almonds, grab a spoon and dig in.
Toasted Almonds are the business. You’ll never eat almonds again after you’ve toasted them. Same as with the seeds in my Tomato Soup post. Pop them on a dry frying pan, low to medium heat, toss them every so often until they’re lightly browned. Do it while you’re cooking something else. You’ll never go back.