I seem to be starting off with things I originally found really hard to eat. I didn’t know what to do with grapefruit or tomatoes and now porridge. But creating yummy things out of boring things is what I’m really enjoying.
I started off eating porridge by just adding water and throwing a few blueberries or pomegranate on top. By the time the fruit ran out, I was gagging on the porridge and it would end up in the bin. I don’t have a microwave either so I always have to make it in the pot. It’s a messier clean up but WAY nicer to eat.
Then I started making Banana and Almond milk Porridge. And I could eat it all day. You can put whatever toppings you like on it and it sets you up for the day.
- Porridge (gluten free if you like)
- 1 Banana
- Almond Milk
- Optional Handful of Blueberries
- Optional Chia Seeds
- Optional Desiccated Coconut
- Pour about 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of Porridge into a saucepan. Cover it with the same amount of water. Put the saucepan on a medium heat.
- Chop the banana into slices and pop into the pot.
- Let the porridge do it’s thing, stirring occasionally.
- When the water is beginning to bubble, add the almond milk. As much or little as you like. I add about a 1/4 cup. If you put the milk in at the start, it starts sticking and burning the bottom of the pot. No craic.
- Stir again and let it simmer away for a few minutes more. When the consistency is creamy and not too watery, it’s done
- Pour into a bowl and top off with whatever you like, today I had desiccated coconut, chia seeds and Blueberries.