Which translates as Black Bean Tacos and Homemade Chips.
It’s hangover food really. I’m not hungover but I just really wanted chips. Nothing new there but I couldn’t have take away after eating out for lunch. Lunch was delicious though. Himself had the car so we took a trip out to Greystones and ate at The Happy Pear. It’s a really tasty vegetarian restaurant run by two brothers, and they’re doing it right. The city centre could really do with a restaurant like this if anyone wants to get one going. I had a gorgeous Indonesian Satay with two salads and it cost €9.95 while himself had a Moussaka with two salads. I had a ginger, almond and orange cake for afters which was sugar free, dairy free and gluten free. Again, delicious. We left Greystones a very Happy Pair… I’m sorry but that joke was ripe for the taking… Apologies again.
Another big event of the day was the arrival of my new Spiralizer. A present from the ever amazing Steph in London. As she said, a must have for any food blogger. I can’t wait to start turning everything I see into delicious strips of spaghetti!!
But onto dinner…
I had two tacos shells left over from Sunday when I actually was hungover. BUT I resisted take away and made bean tacos instead. At least there’s more nutrients in those tacos than pizza. Also for Sunday’s tacos, I made the below recipe but added kidney beans and sweetcorn. So I threw together this chilli tonight as I was trying out a new way to make homemade healthy chips.
So here it is. I’ll start with the chips as they really were delicious.
- One medium to large potato per person
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop up the potato as thinly as you like.
- Fill a pot with water, about halfway, and dump the potatoes in. Now turn on the ring and let them sit there until they start to boil. Once the water starts boiling, drain the potatoes and pop them into a bowl. Basically blanching the bitches.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and use your hands to make sure the potatoes are all covered with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop them on a baking tray and leave them in the oven until they are crispy on the outside. About 15 minutes.
While the chips were cooking away I started on my black bean tacos. Leave out the cheese for a vegan experience.
- 1 tin of Black Beans, drained
- Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Green leaves to Garnish
- Grated Cheese to Garnish
- Pop some coconut oil on the pan then add your Mushrooms. Once they have softened, add the Garlic and Tomatoes.
- Add all the spices to the pan and mix them around. Then add the Black Beans and Tomato Puree. Mix again and let them heat up. If it is a bit dry, add a dash or two of water to the mix.
- Heat up your taco shells by oven or microwave.
- Fill up your warm taco shells with the bean filling, grated cheese and leafy greens. Add whatever other dressing you like and you’re done. Pop them on a plate with the chips.
I filled two tacos and had a little bit left over so you would definitely fill three tacos with this recipe. I’m stuffed now, so worth it and those chips are unreal. I should have left them get a bit crispier but I was hungry so couldn’t wait.
Anyway, if you have any questions or comments, give me a shout below.