So sorry I haven’t been on here in a while, I have just been up the walls and neglected my little blog.
I didn’t neglect eating however, could never do that. So I have photos of the lovely meals I made but never got a chance to post them. I took a trip to London, was at the Foo Fighters at Slane and I’m only home from visiting my family in Cork yesterday. I didn’t bring my laptop on any of these trips so I had no opportunity to put up a new post.
This recipe is delicious and simple. It’s the perfect breakfast or brunch. I love beans but find that any of the canned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Tasty but not the best for you. However making your own is so so easy and delicious. I served mine on top of soda bread and a smear of avocado on the side. And randomly enough a few drops of Worcester sauce on top of the beans adds a lovely zing.
I used Butter beans in the picture here but I’ve made it before with Cannelloni beans and it’s just as delicious. Sometimes butter beans can be a bit hard on the stomach. The sauce can be a bit watery too so I add a small bit of flour to thicken it up if necessary. Any flour will do, I just have buckwheat at home so I throw that in. Buckwheat flour is perfect for anyone who is going gluten free. And have without bread for a total gluten free experience.
- 1 tin of Cannelloni or Butter Beans
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato puree
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Buckwheat Flour
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce or Worcester Sauce. Optional
- Add the beans, salt, pepper and tinned tomatoes to a saucepan, medium heat.
- Let them simmer away then add the tomato puree.
- To thicken, add the flour and tabasco sauce
- Serve however you like, with a few drops or Worcester sauce on top.